If you are not married or have not entered into a registered partnership, the father or mother of whom the child was not born (duo mother) can acknowledge the child. This may be done before the birth of your child. This is called ‘recognition of unborn fruit’.

The acknowledgement does not give the acknowledger (man/woman) authority over the child. If you do want that, you have to arrange that separately. For more information, go to the website of The Hague municipality.